Standley Chasm Aboriginal Guided Cultural Tour and Talk
Standley Chasm - 50kms from Alice Springs (approx 40min drive). Drive West on Larapinta Drive until you see the turn off to Standley Chasm on the right.
What to expect
Explore Standley Chasm a geological formation located west of Alice Springs with a local Aboriginal guide and learn about the geology, flora and fauna, bush medicine and bush tucker, weaponry and cultural history specific to this area.
This 3 hour tour includes a guided walk and talk followed by a cultural presentation in our cultural centre.
It also includes morning or afternoon tea consisting of scones, jam and cream with a cuppa tea or coffee on arrival.
Questions about tradition and contemporary cross-cultural issues are encouraged during cultural conversations raising awareness for lasting social benefits.
What is included
Tour departs daily on request.
Please note this tour operates on a minimum of 10 pax.
This is a 3 hour experience.
- Entry to Standley Chasm.
- Informative walk with local Aboriginal guide and commentary.
- Morning / afternoon tea of scones, jam and cream plus tea or coffee.
- Sensible walking shoes should be worn and care taken.
- All native plants and animals are protected.
- Standley Chasm is located in a private flora and fauna reserve owned by the Iwupataka Land Trust and is operated by Angkerle Aboriginal Corporation.