Terms and Conditions for BlackCard
The following terms and conditions apply to BlackCard course and workshop offerings.
1. Course and Workshop Fees
- All course fees are to be paid upfront in order to guarantee your place in the course.
- If a registration is received an invoice will be issued by BlackCard and must be paid no later than 7 days following the date of the invoice.
- If invoiced fees have not been paid within 7 days an enrolment may be cancelled. An enrolled participant will be notified prior to this occurring.
- Registrations made within 7 days of the first attendance day will only be accepted with full payment.
- Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer or accepted credit cards.
- Credit card payments attract a 1% surcharge and are non-‐refundable.
- Advertised prices are GST inclusive.
- Where materials (i.e. reference material and courseware) are issued as part of preparation this will not occur unless the fees have been paid.
2. Cancellations, Refund Policy, Transfers to Alternate Courses
- Notifications of cancellations, refunds and requests for transfers must be made in writing to email@example.com
- All cancellations and changes are at the discretion of The BlackCard.
- No guarantee is given that a cancellation or change request will be accepted.
- More than 10 working days from commencement
- BlackCard may refund the fees paid minus a cancellation fee of $110 per person, if advised in writing of a cancellation more than 10 working days prior to the commencement date.
- 10 working days or less from commencement
- in the event of notification of a cancellation 10 working days or less before commencement date fees paid will not be refunded or allocated to another course. BlackCard cannot accept responsibility for changes to work commitments or personal circumstances within this 10 working day period.
- Requests for transfers to an alternate course date may be arranged if BlackCard is advised in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org more than 10 working days prior to the course commencement date and there is availability on an alternate date.
- One transfer will be accepted without charge where BlackCard has been notified in writing at least 10 working days prior to the scheduled commencement date.
- Any subsequent transfers will attract an administration charge of $110.00 (incl. GST).
- Non-Attendance (No Show)
- If a participant fails to attend a course or workshop, fees will not be refunded or allocated to another course.
- Requests for substitutions are to be made in writing to email@example.com and can be made at any time up to 2 working days before the commencement date.
- BlackCard reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-‐schedule courses and workshops due to low registrations or unforeseen circumstances.
- Where a fee refund is due to a participant such refund will be processed within 30 days. The information provided by BlackCard was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- BlackCard reserves the right to change fees, dates, content, speakers or method of presentation at its discretion.
- BlackCard reserves the right to video and / or audio record learning sessions for quality assurance purposes and to support participants.
3. Special Circumstances
- BlackCard will review its refund policy in cases of special circumstances.
- Special circumstances include:
- Medical circumstances: where a participant’s medical condition has changed to such an extent that he or she is unable attend.
- Family/Personal circumstances: death or severe medical problems within a family, or unforeseen family financial difficulties, so that it is unreasonable to expect a participant to attend.
- BlackCard must be satisfied that a participant’s circumstances are beyond the participant’s control if a situation occurs that a reasonable person would consider is not due to the person’s action or inaction, either direct or indirect, and for which the participant is not responsible.
- The situation must be unusual, uncommon or abnormal.
- Each review will be examined and determined on its merits by considering a participant’s claim together with independent supporting documentation substantiating the claim.
- Evidence sufficient for a claim of special circumstances shall include (but is not limited to the following:
- in respect to medical circumstances, the provision of a medical certificate from a medical practitioner.
4. Course and Workshop Materials
- Only authorized participants are entitled to access and use the course materials.
- You must not:
- Convert any materials into any format other than the one in which it is supplied;
- Make the materials available to any other person;
- Rent, lend, sell or otherwise supply for commercial gain any materials to any person.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- All right, title, and interest (including but not limited to all copyrights and other intellectual property rights) in the materials (in any form) are the exclusive property of BlackCard or our relevant third parties.
- You may not use the materials in any manner that infringes the copyright or proprietary interests therein.
- You may not remove, modify or obscure the copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in or on the materials.
- You may not copy, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or in any other way modify the materials.