Koori Kulcha Experience (KKE) is a division of the Koori Kulcha Aboriginal Corporation (KKAC) located on the Kazcare grounds in the heart of the NSW Southern Highlands.
KKAC’s primary function is as an enterprise focused on providing education and employment for Indigenous people via the training of Indigenous people in catering, team building, Cultural awareness, art, dance, cooking and Cultural knowledge.
We are also an enterprise focused on delivering tangible growth in the Indigenous tourism market by serving the public in Indigenous catering, arts workshops, dance performances, guided walks, school education programs and a cafe serving some Indigenous food.
KKAC already has a track record of delivering many of our events to corporate and government clients.
KKAC is located on the 10 acre Kazcare property in the heart of the NSW Southern Highlands which boasts a semi-rural setting complete with landscaped gardens, native birds and wild life. The facilities include a number of different function rooms in various settings which can cater for small (20) to large groups (200).
Marie Barbaric is an Elder, a child of the Stolen Generation. Marie is the founder and CEO of Koori Kulcha.
KKAC runs a wide range of programs including:
- Dining Experiences - degustation menus with Aboriginal entertainment.
- Arts Class - School Holiday Program
- Cross Cultural Training
- Team Building Workshops – including Cooking and Art workshops
- Education Packages – to suit Pre-School, Primary and High School Students
- Indigenous Event Management
- This suits Product launches, Branch openings, conferences, exhibition and trade shows, outdoor events and family days, government events. We specialise in NAIDOC events.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Performances
- Custom Developed Corporate & Government Workshops
We also run Community Programs. We provide the whole package from nurturing juniors, mentoring youth, educating them in culture then training them for employment within our KKE programs. This includes:
- Koori Kulcha Juniors (age 5-10)
- Koori Kulcha Youths (age 11-18
- Koori Kulcha Experience Training Program. We provide a range of courses to teach skills required to be employed by KKE