Time Travel & Gorgeous Gorges Half Day Tour
Wilpena Pound Resort is located at Wilpena Rd, via Hawker SA 5434
What to expect
Australia has the world's oldest visible geology on Earth and much of this can be found in the Ikara-Flinders Ranges. The gorges around Wilpena Pound Resort provide an ancient and fascinating history of the Ikara-Flinders Ranges, and are visible in the fossil layers and referred to as the ‘Corridor Through Time’.
Explore more than 100 million years of this history as well as marveling at the rugged beauty of Brachina and Bunyeroo Gorges. Search for Yellow Footed Rock Wallabies and enjoy sweeping views of Bunyeroo Valley and the eastern wall of Wilpena Pound. Visitors will learn about the rugged mountains including the moss rocks with their contrasting colours and the ever-changing flora of the area, especially after the rain.
Planning your trip
- This is a 4 hour experience operating daily
- Tours run 8am-12pm or 1pm-5pm, subject to availability
- Tours depart from Wilpena Pound Resort Note this tour operates on a minimum of 2 guests
- Guests staying at the resort need to inform the Front Office team
- Guests not staying at the resort will need to reconfirm 24-hours prior.
- Bring warm clothes for cooler months
Wilpena Pound Visitor Information Centre - 1 Wilpena Road, Hawker, South Australia.
What to bring
- Walking shoes
- Yoga mat