“Where do you want to go on Country?” Competition
“Where do you want to go on Country?” Competition
For many of us, travelling and exploring has been limited this year. But we are slowly getting more opportunities to have new adventures. There’s never been a better time to explore what’s right here, on Country. Whether you’re able to travel right now, or daydreaming and making a list of places you want to visit when you can, or get back to your Country.
So we’re asking, where do you want to go on Country and why? Whether you’re non-Indigenous or First Nations, connecting with Country and community is something that many of us have missed out on this year.
We’re working with our friends at @commongroundaustralia to give away a gift pack to help you explore Australia. Common Ground is an Aboriginal led non-profit working with First Nations communities to strengthen and share culture, history and lived experiences.
To enter the competition to win the gift pack, follow @commongroundaustralia and @welcometocountryau on instagram, and tell us where you want to go on Country and why and tag 2 friends you want to go with.
You can comment on either of our instagram accounts to enter, or share a story or post on your instagram account telling us where you want to go on Country and tagging us. Get creative and enter as many times as you like!
The travel pack includes
- A $500 Welcome to Country Experience Voucher
- Welcome to Country: Travel Guide to Indigenous Australia Book
-A small AIATSIS map of Indigenous Australia
- A travel cup from Minnai Luma from Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
Full Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter’s are Welcome to Country Ltd ABN whose registered office is at Level 1, 18 Bulletin Place, Circular Quay and Common Ground. Here by referred to as promoter(s)
2. The competition is open to residents Australia aged 12 years or over except employees of the promoters and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation(s) or judging of the competition
3.There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
5. Route to entry is on Instagram only.
6. To win the game of skill, you must follow @commongroundaustralia and @welcometocountry AU on Instagram. Tell us where you want to go on Country and why and Tag 2 friends you want to go with. The person who has the most creative entry will be the winner.
7. Closing date for entry will be 4 November 2020. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
10. Enter the competition via the route above. The person with the most entries will be the winner.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition
13. The prize is as follows: one $500 Welcome to Country experience voucher, one copy of Welcome to Country: A travel guide to Indgenous Australia by Marcia Langton (or another book of equivalent value), one small AIATSIS Map of Australia and one travel cup from Minnai Luma at Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
14. The prize is as stated. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice
15. Winners: Winners will be determined based off the most creative entry. These will be decided by a panel of First Nations people, please ensure you follow the instructions carefully and don’t forget to tag @welcometocountry and @commongroundaustralia on instagram.
16. The winners will be notified by Instagram within 5 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and give to the runner up
17. The promoter will send the prize to the winner(s) via standard post within 14 days of contacting the winner
18. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
20. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by New South Wales law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of News South Wales
21. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing email@example.com
23. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions