Terms and Conditions for Sealink South East Queensland
TERMS & CONDITIONS NORTH STRADBROKE ISLAND & SOUTHERN MORETON BAY ISLANDS
In these terms and conditions, SeaLink SEQ means Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd (ABN 63 009 725 713), its servants and agents. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland.
All ferry schedules and information are correct at the time of publishing; however, these are subject to alteration, sometimes without notice.
All services and reservations provided are subject to the conditions of the principal providers and no responsibility is accepted by SeaLink SEQ for misrepresentation, unforeseen omissions or additional costs incurred, including those arising from adverse weather conditions or any situations beyond the control of SeaLink SEQ. Refunds may not be available for unused services.
Conditions of Travel and Booking
Passenger tickets are non-refundable and non-replaceable.
Fares, times, schedules and routes are subject to alteration, without prior notice, at the discretion of SeaLink SEQ and SeaLink SEQ reserves the right to cancel, vary the ferry service in any way, or substitute any ferry or other means of transport without incurring any liability.
As a passenger, you agree that you will accept the delivery of services from SeaLink SEQ at your own risk. SeaLink SEQ will not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever or whatsoever caused, as a consequence of, or arising indirectly or directly out of the provisions of services to a passenger, including, loss and/or damage occasioned by SeaLink SEQ, its agents’ or its employees’ negligence.
In addition, SeaLink SEQ accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any vehicle being carried for the passenger, or luggage, or for consequential damages arising therefrom whether sustained during on-loading/off-loading or transportation, and whether arising from negligence, malfunction of the vessel or other cause, except to the extent that the exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
SeaLink SEQ reserves the right to prioritise travel for emergency service vehicles and/or passengers as required.
Check-in and Boarding
Check-in time for vehicle ferry travel is to be a minimum of 20 minutes prior to departure. Due to loading requirements, SeaLink SEQ reserves the right to refuse boarding for vehicles that check-in after this time.
When travelling on a SeaLink SEQ service, you must follow the instructions given to you by SeaLink employees, including a direction to provide a ticket, and behave in a way which is respectful of other passengers.
All students travelling to/from school on the Passenger Ferry under the TransLink School Travel Assistance Scheme are required to present their Student Travel Pass and must abide by the TransLink School Travel Code of Conduct available at https://translink.com.au/travel-with-us/school-travel/school-travel-info/code-of-conduct
Passengers travelling on the Southern Moreton Bay Islands vehicle ferry should inform the crew of the destination prior to boarding, as some vessels do not stop at all islands.
Drivers must accept direction by SeaLink SEQ crew at all times during loading and unloading. All vehicle engines must be switched off once the vessel is underway, unless by prior arrangement.
Smoking is prohibited on all vessels at all times.
SeaLink SEQ reserves the right to conduct a search of any vehicle or cargo and refuse to carry any person or cargo onboard the vessel or vehicle where SeaLink SEQ deems the person or cargo to be undesirable, unsuitable or dangerous. Dangerous goods must be declared prior to travel. To find out more about dangerous goods, visit
All fares and prices are in Australian Dollars. All fares are subject to availability, surcharges, blackout periods and seasonal variations. Always check your travel documentation for final prices. If your credit card or charge card is billed in a different currency to your purchase, your card provider will determine the applicable exchange rate.
Push bikes will be carried at no extra cost, subject to available space.
For vehicle ferry bookings and passenger ferry tickets, full payment is required at the time of booking. A valid Australian student or concession card must be presented when purchasing or redeeming a student or concession passenger ticket.
All payments made by Visa, MasterCard and American Express will incur a 1% surcharge. Surcharge free payment options include PayPal, Direct Deposit, EFTPOS (Savings or Cheque) and Cash.
Booking changes may incur a fare adjustment which must be paid in full at time of change. Please note that ferry bookings can be changed online up until two hours prior to departure. Less than two hours prior to departure any amendments must be made with the Reservations Team on (07) 3488 5300.
Any credit remaining on a booking that has been changed is not refundable but can be used within 12 months of the booking creation date.
The following cancellation fees apply, unless your product or package confirmation states otherwise:
Vehicle ferry only
* Bookings cancelled 48 hours or more prior to travel - a fee of $10 per one way journey applies and remaining booking value will be refunded or held in credit for use within 12 months of booking creation date
* Bookings cancelled between 48 hours and scheduled departure time - a fee of $10 per one way journey applies and remaining booking value is held in credit to use towards travel taking place within 12 months of booking creation date * Failure to arrive for scheduled departure – 100% of total cost
Passenger Ferry tickets
* Tickets are transferrable, but non-refundable and are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase
Accommodation packages (with or without ferry)
* Bookings cancelled 30 days or more prior to check-in date – loss of deposit
* Bookings cancelled between 30 days and 7 days prior to check-in date - 50% of total cost
* Bookings cancelled within 7 days prior to check-in date – 100% of total cost
* An administration fee of up to $50.00 may apply to any booking cancellation
Declaration of Vehicle Dimensions
The overall dimensions of a vehicle must include the vehicle and any additional load that would otherwise change the length, width, or height of the unit, excluding side mirrors. The length of any trailer must be measured from the towball or hitch to the end of the loaded unit. Due to the complexity of loading, SeaLink SEQ reserves the right to refuse boarding for vehicles where the overall dimensions have been incorrectly declared.
Transportation of Animals
Animals are allowed throughout SeaLink SEQ terminals and ferries. To ensure the comfort and safety of passengers and crew, animals must be accompanied and restrained appropriately. The Master of the vessel has the authority to refuse to carry any animal deemed to present a risk to passengers or crew.
Dogs travelling outside of an enclosed passenger cabin of a vehicle must wear a correctly fitted muzzle and lead. Dogs travelling inside a vehicle should be restrained so that they are unable to reach outside of the vehicle. Animals other than dogs must be restrained in a suitable box, basket or other container at all times while on board the ferry. If an animal becomes too noisy or bothers other passengers, a crew member can request the animal be moved to the outer deck, where applicable. Animals are not permitted in café areas where food is prepared or consumed.
Livestock such as goats and pigs will not be carried on passenger ferries; livestock should be transported within a vehicle. Seating restrictions, containment and muzzling requirements do not apply to certified guide, hearing and assistance dogs.
Check-in/Check-out Terms & Conditions
It is essential that you abide by the designated check in/check out times of the property you are staying in. Late check-out may be arranged the day prior to departure with the management/agent. Failure to check-out at the required time will result in an additional charge. A valid credit card or cash bond will be required upon check-in.
Twin share prices are based on two people sharing a double bed (queen or king beds at some properties). Please request two single beds at the time of booking if required. ‘Extra person’ prices are based on sharing with two other adults in the same room. Room configurations may vary, so if you have specific requirements, this should be requested at the time of booking.
Carriage of Freight
All freight transported on ferries is at the owner's risk. SeaLink SEQ takes no responsibility for loss or damage. SeaLink SEQ employees are not responsible for the delivery or collection of freight.
Freight quantities are limited. SeaLink SEQ reserves the right to refuse the carriage of any freight items when the designated freight area is full, and/or the safety and comfort of passengers or crew could be at risk.
All freight items must be able to be carried by one person and large items must be secured to a trolley.
North Stradbroke Island Freight:
• Permitted on the passenger ferry service only
• May travel unaccompanied
• Charged at a per item rate
Southern Moreton Bay Islands Freight:
• Permitted on the vehicle ferry service
• Must be accompanied
• Charged at a per item rate in addition to the walk on passenger fare
Restrictions apply to the following items:
The following WILL NOT be carried at any time as walk on freight:
• Furniture, including lounge chairs and beds.
• TV's larger than 53cm (Larger flat screen TV may be allowed if room)
• Windows, glass panels, fish tanks
• Carpet rolls
• Timber/pipe/conduit longer than 3.0 metres
• Large building items
• Cubby houses/animal enclosures over 1 cubic mere
• Livestock on deck
The following will be carried off-peak or at the discretion of the vessel Master:
* Tradesperson's tools – eg. welders and large toolboxes
* Screen doors
* Small hot water system properly secured on trolley
* Small fridge/freezer (up to 280 litre), washing machine/clothes dryer, properly secured on trolley
* Kayaks under 3.0 metres
* Timber/pipe/conduit under 3.0 metres
* Lawn mowers, whipper snippers, portable generators and outboard motors (empty of fuel, on vehicle ferries only) * Two (2) only maximum 20 litre approved fuel containers (see AS/NZS2906.2001) per passenger (on vehicle ferries only)
The carriage of freight will always be at the vessel Master’s discretion. SeaLink SEQ operates vehicle and passenger ferry services; please contact your local transport operator for large freight/furniture deliveries.
Powered Mobility Device Carriage Policy
To be eligible for walk on fare travel the mobility device must meet the following criteria:
* Have a maximum height of 140cm
* Have a maximum width of 75cm when measured at a height of up to 30 cm from the ground
* Fit within the allocated space of 130cm by 80 cm
* Turn 180 degrees within the allocated area of 207cm by 154 cm
* Cross a gap of up to 4cm wide
* Climb a 1:14 Grade unassisted
* Climb a 1:4 Grade with assistance
* Have a braking system capable of maintaining the position of the mobility device on acceleration and deceleration of the vessel * Allow transfer to a seat if required in rough conditions
* Battery operated only
* Batteries housed inside a vented container able to contain the entire contents of batteries if damage occurs.
The powered mobility device must only be operated by the registered Operator of the device, with a doctor’s certificate stating that due to severe impairment they have a need to use the device for assisted travel. The Operator must also be capable of safely operating the device.
SeaLink SEQ values your privacy. For full details please read SeaLink Travel Group’s privacy statement available at https://www.sealinktravelgroup.com.au/privacy-policy/